Dragon Quotespublish time:
Dragon temporary tattoos have become quite popular; it's crucial to understand the significance of the dragon, which traditionally represents formidable and auspicious qualities, especially control over water, rainfall, typhoons, and floods. In East Asian tradition, the dragon is also a sign of power, strength, and good fortune for those who are deserving. Quotes about dragons are common in daily life. Dragons are important in literature and legend. They appear in stories and myths from around the world. People of all ages love these literary monsters. Even when writers aren't including real dragons in their stories they reference them for symbolic meaning, usually about people overcoming fantastic odds. Here i list some of the most famous dragon quotes and saying. May these be an inspiration to continue your life with the determination of a dragon.
📖 Quotes about Dragons
1. “People who deny the existence of dragons are often eaten by dragons. From within.”
— Ursula K. Le Guin
2. “And though I came to forget or regret all I have ever done, yet I would remember that once I saw the dragons aloft on the wind at sunset above the western isles; and I would be content.”
3. The Farthest Shore Sleeping on a dragon's hoard with greedy, dragonish thoughts in his heart, he had become a dragon himself.
— C.S. LEWIS
4. Isn't it strange how a lamb can feel like a lion when comparing itself to a mouse, whereas a lion feels like a lamb when measuring itself against dragons?
— RICHELLE E. GOODRICH
5. “Stress is an important dragon to slay – or at least tame – in your life.”
— Marilu Henner
6. “I think when writers play with dragons, we are simply doing what fantasy writers have always done.”
— Robin Hobb
7. “You cannot tame a dragon with a history lesson.”
— George R.R. Martin
8. “The discords of dragon-laughter are often heard in the orchestra of God.” — ELSA BARKER
9. “If you behave like a beastly dragon, do not be surprised when wary folks point swords at you.”
— Richelle E. Goodrich
10. “There can be no dragon slayer in the absence of dragons.”
— Thomas Chatterton Williams
11. “A dragon's heart burns fiercely, even in the face of evil.”
― S.G. Rogers
🇨🇳 Chinese Dragon Quotes
1. The strong dragon does not crush the ground snake.
Explanation: It is also difficult to deal with the local forces as a metaphor for the powerful.
2. One dragon and nine species, all of them are different.
Explanation: Legend has it that dragons give birth to nine sons but do not become dragons, and each has its own hobbies. It is a metaphor that everyone has different qualities and hobbies.
3. The Longwang Temple was flooded by floods, and my family did not recognize my family.
Explanation: Dragon King Temple: The temple of the god of water. The metaphor was originally one's own people, and they had disputes with each other because they didn't know each other.
4. Go up the mountain to catch the tiger, go to the sea to catch the dragon. Explanation: It is a metaphor for risking life to do difficult and dangerous things.
5. Drawing dragons and tigers is difficult to draw bones.
Explanation: You can draw dragons and tigers, but it is difficult to draw bones directly through their flesh and skin; you can understand a person and what he looks like, but it is difficult to know what he is thinking in his heart. The metaphor means that it is difficult to understand the essence through the phenomenon or unpredictable in the human heart.
🤩 Inspirational Dragon Quotes
1. “Anyone can slay a dragon, he told me, but try waking up every morning and loving the world all over again. That’s what makes a real hero.”
— Brian Andreas
2. "If you want to conquer the world, you best have dragons."
— GEORGE R. R. MARTIN
3. “Let me tell you: the only way to get rid of dragons is to have one of your own.”
― Evgeny Shvarts
4. “Confidence is like a dragon where, for every head cut off, two more heads grow back.”
― Criss Jami
5. “One does not need the size of a dragon to have the soul of a dragon.” — Robin Hobb
6. “Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it.”
— Alexandre Dumas
7. “Perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave.”
— Rainer Maria Rilke
8. “We are a restless breed, we dragons, never really satisfied; we love change for its own sake.”
— Donn Kushner
9. “When the prison doors are opened, the real dragon will fly out.”
— Ho Chi Minh
10. When there are a hundred dragons in the sky, it is Hell Down and Hallow Fire. It is the winds of a hurricane and the roar of the storm. We blot out the sun, we blacken the clouds, we churn the sea like foam. It is a magnificent, terrifying sight.
— H. LEIGHTON DICKSON
🧐 Wisdom Quotes about Dragon
1. “But it is one thing to read about dragons and another to meet them.”
― A Wizard of Earthsea, 1968
2. “A dragon rises from a small stream.”
3. “Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth?Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.”
4. “Consult your dragon before you wager his hide.”
― Melaine Rawn
5. No dragon can resist the fascination of riddling talk and of wasting time trying to understand it.
― J.R.R. TOLKIEN
6. Remember, there were dragons long before men came into the world. Why, it was none other than The Great Dragons of Yore who invented the idea of knighthood. Yes, yes, that's right! Dragons had knights, Kings, princesses and queens long before men crawled out of the muck.
― SULLY TARNISH
7. “Always speak politely to an enraged dragon.”
― Steven Brust
8. “Above us, outlined against the brilliant sky, dragons crowded every available perching space on the Rim. And the sun made a gold of every one of them.” — Anne McCaffrey
9. “He had only heard of dragons, and although he had never seen one, he was sure they existed.”
— Dee Marie
10. But it is one thing to read about dragons and another to meet them.”
— Ursula K. Le Guin
11. “He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you.”
— Friedrich Nietzsche
12. “Slay that dragon once, and he will never have power over you again.” — Steven Pressfield
13. “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.”
— J. R. R. Tolkien
14. “You haven't been bit till a dragon does it.”
― Tamora Pierce
15. “O to be a dragon, a symbol of the power of Heaven - of silkworm size or immense; at times invisible.”
— Marianne Moore
📚 Dragon Quotes in Stories and Literature
1. "Come not between the dragon, and his wrath."
- William Shakespeare, King Lear
2. "Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."
― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
🎬 Dragon Quotes from 'Game of Thrones'
1. You're A Dragon Be A Dragon
2. "Are you a sheep? No. You're a dragon. Be a dragon."
3. A dragon is not a slave.
4. I am the blood of the dragon. Do not presume to teach me lessons. Don't fashion me into a maiden that needs saving from a dragon. i am the dragon, and i will est you whole.
5. "What do dragons eat, anyway?" "Whatever they want."
Last but not least, The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty: not knowing what comes next. i hope you will be brave and wisdom like dragons after you browse the quotes about dragons. If you like dragon quotes, i think you may be interested in dragon tattoos, The meaning of dragon tattoo is strength, wisdom, prosperity, good luck as well as masculinity. you will find various kind of dragon temporary tattoos. if you want to know more about temporary tattoos, feel free to visit our temporary tattoos online shop!